SOLD Rescue Minor: A Diesel Launch
Rescue Minor, a 20' diesel launch, was designed by William Atkin in 1945 for military use. I find this design particularly interesting because of its simple plywood construction, shallow draft (8''), tunnel stern, and large interior that allows for many different arrangements. This first version was launched on June 20, 2008. Contact me about options for building a custom Rescue Minor.
Rescue Minor Specifications and Features
- Length overall 20', Beam 6', Draft 8''
- Cruising speed 18 kts.
- Weight 6-700lbs
- Yanmar diesel, model 3YM20
- 3 cylinder, 22 HP
- AGM Battery
- LED navigation lights
- 8 inch draft at cruising speed
- Efficient ''tunnel'' stern
- Easily trailerable
- Plywood hull sheathed in fiber glass
- for strength and low maintenance
- Single handle engine control
- Low operating cost, 0.5 gal per hour fuel consumption